Spending Online Marketing Budget on Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Is a Right Choice or Not?
SEO is becoming a must for any online marketing campaign & marketers are without any evaluation getting into the search engine Optimisation activities. Have you ever thought whether the SEO (search engine optimization) strategy which you have undertaken really benefiting you, if so are you spending the right amount, if not are you investing it on the right vendor. Online marketing firms give lots of glossy pictures & analysis information about the SEO & its effectiveness. Let me tell you it is very simple for you to analyze these aspects from your end without any expert knowledge.
SEO V/s Reasons or Need
Why you need SEO or what are the reasons for including SEO into your online marketing campaign. Do a self-analysis of the major aspects before deciding on SEO. This preliminary evaluation can Sommerseo help to in knowing your website factors of SEO & its implication. This gives a better platform to decide on SEO.
1. What is that you’re trying to promote on search engines?- Identify your products or service which you’re promoting & its target audience segment. Say you are promoting a mosquito repellent, then identify the popular call names & known name of your products.
2. Do you really think that there is a quantity & quality search happening on search engine for these products?- Use search volume analysis tools from Google or other popular players to understand the search volume under given target audience & market segment.
3. Which are the keyword or key phrases you want to promote?- Identify the right set of keywords & key phrases from the search volume analysis done as per your defined marketing plan
4. What is total number of keyword identified & how to handle the plurals, spelling errors?- Formulate the final keyword list, by working possible combination of keywords in line with your business & popular search tags. Also do a transliteration of keywords to handle spelling errors & plurals On the keyword list is ready group the keywords as per specific criteria or some common factors
5. Is your website content supportive for SEO using identified keywords?- Identify the keyword groups & compare them to your website content. The ideal scenario is to host a dedicated content page for each group of keywords. If the number of keywords in group is more then you need to place them effectively on the page or even deploy additional pages so that you don’t over crowd.
6. Are you website SEO Friendly?- When you think of website SEO friendliness, you need check for any broken links on your website, how well the keyword oriented pages within the keyword group are connected, does your website ensure sufficient keywords density.
7. Do you require an SEO expert to do this job?- identify the roadblocks & evaluate the proposal of working with your in house person for improving & external agency for outsourcing the work
SEO V/s Cost
What is the exact cost of doing SEO? You will be breaking you head on this for a while & with different rates plans / SEO packages on offer you become more confused. Well the basic behind it is to keep things simple & plan it step by step.